Associate (Ballroom) of the United Kingdom Alliance
BDC Licensed scruitineer.
Phillip started dancing at the Dance Kingdom in Llanelli with Michael Pharaoh & Julie Williams, when he was 8 years old (a long time ago now) and is where he has continued to train to this day. It all started socially before quickly catching the dancing bug and wanting to become involved and be part of the very successful Dance Kingdom Medallist Team before starting to compete on the “open circuit” and later establishing himself as a leading Welsh Junior Ballroom & Latin dancer. Phillip then moved into the Youth category and became multiple Welsh Youth Ballroom & Latin Champion with two separate partners.
In 2009 Phillip found that he no longer had a dance partner and decided that he would try to dance with his soon to be wife Gaynor (married in July 2009) however knew that this would be a challenge that many people thought would never work as Gaynor had never danced prior to meeting Phillip. Gaynor had started to learn to dance so that she could dance socially with Phillip at social events, and never thought that this would to lead to the wonderful life in which they now share. Phillip had entered for the British Open championships in Blackpool in which was their first ever competition together, which went well despite the nerves. A few weeks later narrowly missed out on making the final at Stars of the Future in Brentwood which was the springboard they needed and let’s just say they never looked back… and have since gone on to become:
- Winners of Champions of tomorrow U/35 Pre Championship Ballroom
- Welsh Closed National Amateur Ballroom & Latin Champions
- Ranked Number 1 in Wales in Amateur Ballroom, Latin & 10 Dance
- British Modern Sequence Finalists
- British Latin Sequence Runners Up
- Represented Wales at World & European Championships in Ballroom, Latin & 10 dance all over the world including USA, Russia, Germany, Norway, Denmark & Australia